Wednesday 3 June 2009

You’re my favourite Marfo

Recently I have been fortunate enough to go to several gigs all over the shop and bumped into a whole host of unsigned artists who are not just up'ing their performance game, but doing a whole heap of madness you wouldn’t think was possible for so called ‘unsigned hype’.

‘Clement Marfo and the Frontline’ being probably the best example. Unsigned? Check, giging like a headless chicken? Check, small overseas tour? Check…what? I know I know. The thing is, if you're unsigned and there are certain things that you're not doing right about now, then you have to watch what these guys are up to if you want tips on ‘making it and breaking it’.

Clement Marfo and the Frontline are a full band, backing singers, hip hop, sick lyrics and hooks. My first encounter was at 333 in Old street through the lovely Sei ki and my gosh they smashed it so hard any following act would have definitely been in tears.

Enough talk, I’ll leave you with a small video clip and their myspace for you to check out, and then I’ll follow up with an interview when they return from their Finland tour, yeah that’s right!

http://www.myspace.com/clementmarfo



Bless

Freestyle

No comments: