Sunday 28 June 2009

Get connected.....

Continuing on from my tips and tricks last week I thought I would do something along the same lines but not necessarily Photoshop based. I talked before about networking (if you are an avid reader you will remember these posts some months ago) and thought it was important to talk about these again.

In the current climate you need to stay motivated and digg your heels in when it comes to not giving up! (Imagine a 3 year old refusing to put back the Percy Pig toy because damn you and the irate shop keeper, they
will have it!).....

1st networking:
DO IT.
There now thats over.

2nd, remembering who you are & why you are doing what you are doing! For a long time and even still now I get caught up in what other people think I should be doing, what their judgement of success is and how I should be achieving various goals (they have established) in my business. Then I remember, this is about me. I didn't quit a fairly well paid job in fashion to fail. No way. Like I said to someone yesterday, this is something that has to work because I have no other option and if I fail or end up losing what feels like a massive one sided fight right now, man I am going to go down kicking and screaming!!

Fat Talent among other things, has helped keep me motivated, remain in touch with people in a similar business (networking!!) and more importantly have fed my ideas hungry brain and helped to filter the bad from the good. The monthly fashion and music show has introduced me to a whole bunch of awesome people & opened up business opportunities that I just need to start utilising. So this sounds like a huge plug for FT and in a way it is, but you know what, I wrote this off my own back and I think their fab! If you can, get yourself involved with them or a similar organisation. Get yourself a mentor, get yourself connected and follow your instincts! (Well it has been a weekend of tributes with all this MJ stuff so thought I would join the riot!)


Signing off

Carli aka foto's

No comments: