Thursday 4 June 2009

EXCLUSIVE to the performers...........


Not only do we have a birthday spectacular Fat Talent LIVE coming up but I am here to tell you about the exclusive deal available to all performers past & present . Myself and DJ CHEF from Make Me Music are offering a music and photography package, allowing you to get 4 x hours studio time (includes mixing, mastering, recording plus promo to agencies!) and an hours professional, creative photography for a bargain basement price. See the attached flyer and example pics to see what can be achieved. Our first punter was Queeny (aka Amy D) and she was chuffed with the results saying, "I have had soooo much positive feedback from your images and they everything from the day has gone towards making a press pack which has already helped me to secure more live gigs."
Thank you Queeny!

For additional info contact carli@carli-art.co.uk .Also for a full overview of the pics visit the Carli-Art Facebook page

On another note its time to offer some more photo hints and some bits of advise. This week I thought I would deal with customer service and marketing. Not that I am a guru on the subject but I had a marketing meeting with Business Link this week and I pride myself on always delivering over and above so just some quick one's:

- Phone don't email, or always follow up with a call.

- Be polite and if you don't know the answer, just call back. (I suffered with this one and under quoted massively on a job then had to do it at the reduced price - guts!)

- Aim to get back to people as soon as possible. If you are late then just apologise.

- Be nice. Sounds simple but just be really nice! Smile, say please and thank you and generally be happy even if you feel like crap inside!!!

- Dress well and dress smart. You turn up in pikey trainers and a moth eaten shirt your potential client will not respond well to the £500 bill you put in their hands.

- Network, network, network. Talk to them and find out information that not only makes you sound interested (cos you are) but also helps you to network and find out if there are other opportunities.

- Get to know your client a little before the shoot - discover more about them and better pics will be had.

- Have a plan. Have goals and a timescale to do them within... it will help you focus.

- Evaluate all of your marketing ideas and record the results. You need to know what worked, why it worked? and what didn't and work & why?(phew!)

- Ask for help. Contact friends or good clients for their opinion!


I guess its all common sense really but I get seriously blinkered when running my own business, some people suggest things to me and I wonder how I missed them!


Carli x

No comments: