Tuesday 25 November 2008

Focused on Film

Hello Everyone,

Just a wee posting to introduce myself. I am a filmmaker so I will be making lots of posts about films but I have experience with music promotion and music videos as well so I will be doing some music review.

My first job in the entertainment industry was as a theatrical costume designer so I may have a few things to say about theatre and fashion too but for the most part I will concentrate on film.

Another thing about me is that I am based in Edinburgh so I will be the Scotland correspondent but as I work frequently in London, I may review London acts.

I am both a U.S. and Italian citizen and was raised in the U.S. though I have been resident in Scotland for almost 10 years so my perspective is broad based, some might even say strange.

As a special treat I will be writing from the area around Austin, Texas early in the New Year as I will be filming in Texas for most of January and February. Austin, Texas is the live music capitol of the world so there should be no shortage of talent to blog about!

I will also be covering the U.S. Presidential transition from Texas.

Just as a teaser I will shortly be bloggin about my friend Tim Barrow's film, The Inheritance and about a Glaswegian coutry music band called OneDay40.

Until then take care everyone,

Focus xxx

No comments: