Thursday 20 November 2008

Feeling Feverish.....


Ok so working as a freelancer you get bored right, well not bored but dare I say it lonely (yes cat liking, spinster looking lonely) sometimes! Your working alone a lot of the time and cabin fever starts to kick in; the walls of your office / bedroom are still the same white, the tree's outside are as they were yesterday and that bloody dog is still barking, and no matter how many internet searches you do your still losing the 'worlds grossest word' contest with your mate via MSN.

You also spend a lot of time in your car.  I think in fact my car has become my best friend.  We have lots of chats you know, damn she is a good listener.  We share coffee, crisps and a little bit of D'Angelo (hands off he's mine!) and I think I may even spend more time with my car than I do my laptop - now that IS saying something.  For all of you freelancers out there that talk to yourself, or like me stick pictures of your mates around the place and pretend their in the room with you (pass me that cuppa would you.....ooo a biscuit I wouldn't say no....) well I have one thing to say.....yes you are no longer alone!! Or is that no longer am I alone?!  Whatever, i swear i cant be the only one - cabin fever is a given of the freelance world so prepare yourselves people, prepare yourselves.

No comments: