Friday 21 November 2008

Busta Move


http://vimeo.com/2241315 from DJ SEMTEX on Vimeo.





After reading the about the lonely and hard working lifestyle of the freelancer, I made it my duty to do something about it...well, add a few videos and provide about 10 minuets combined relief. I’m not really an internet fiend, I have on occasion logged onto you-tube and totally forgotten what I was there to see...oh yeah, that clip of Tinky Winky and Laa-Laa swearing off camera about how f'ed they got the night before their auditions.

Here are a few clips I hope will entertain you…

Semtex TV
Who never thought they would see the day that all these greats would grace the same stage!! Well lets remember Dave Chapelle’s block party got their first, but whose keeping tabs, and if a one armed DJ can pull it off (and that really is him scratching and mixing in the background, using his nose) then there is a God, shame only Mos Def is freestyling though.

U-Min

You might recognise these guys from Missy Elliots ‘Chingasomethingorother’ video. I’ve known about these guys since 2006, so you’re late, very late. This is my favourite routine they did for a Uniqlo commercial. We put a monkey in front of a purple screen playing the drums to a Phil Collins backing track, to sell chocolate of all things, and the Japanese get the U Min. We’re just not cutting the mustard are we?

Hyun Joon
I swear I couldn’t answer the last question in my Contracts exam because I was stupid enough to be on you-tube three hours before and found this…

Frank II Louise
Ok, so they got a bit of a stupid name, and this is all they do, yep, this robotic costume thing, but you have to admit, its good init!

FreeStyle

No comments: