Wednesday 29 July 2009

WE HAVE BAND

A few weeks ago I was convinced to venture into the torrential rain and head to a music venue in Notting Hill. I was there to see 'We have Band' and they were definitely worth the wet weather, slippery streets and trek home.

They are a 3 piece band, who are absolutely incredible live. I had not, admittedly, done my homework, so i did not know what to expect.

at 10pm they came on stage - all dressed in white - and rocked it out.

The only female, in the middle, was like an incarnation from a 60's Kubrick music video - if ever he were to make one. She danced like a woman possessed, and with her waving arms and outlandish moves - she had us all mesmerised.

It was, by far, one of the most energetic performance I had ever seen.

If you like your percussion hard, your moves radical and your tunes addictive, then WE HAVE BAND are the group for you.

Review: Katie Cowell

No comments: