Wednesday 8 July 2009

J2'O'K

Some of you may remember Roll Deep. I know, its been a while, they been around still, but you might have had to either look under some very heavy rocks or travel to one of those gigs your mates wont go to because Damian's car is on the blink and they aint doing the coach ting again till Ayia Nappa.

I have to be honest J2K wasn't really given the space to shine in the past. Blame certain 'ahem' producers (no hate). But now he's back with a very very nice video and a track with bars to match. The thing I like about J2K now is the fact that he's grown nicely (artistically... plonker) and his flow has improved. I mean, people don't know how hard it is to come from a Garage and Grime background and sound unique. It's hard trusss. Many Mc's have tried and failed to cross over into the mainstream, well 'underground main' as I like to call it. The track still has bounce and gulliness and I think it might just do ok after Ras Kwame has given it the four times over.

Don't sleep on this brair. He's not my boy, I don't know him from Adam, so your guaranteed its all impartial over this fence.


* Realease date for 'Wake Up' Ep is July 13th

Also check out Ben Peters, music video director. Very naughty stuff! If you're an artist looking to get that bizzle on your next video, pass him the pre tax funds and you'll get sorted...

Bless

Freestyle

No comments: