Wednesday 22 July 2009

A belated big up to Fat Talent LIVE!

Fat Talent LIVE is well worth a visit. I’ve been to a fair few talent shows in my time, some where I’ve politely clapped and wished for the curtain call, others where I’ve genuinely enjoyed the performances. This one, where the talented Chocolate Blonde launches into an impressively energetic song and dance to kick off proceedings was something very special indeed.


It was actually, honestly, the cream of unsigned talent, comprised of many young people, and a group of ESPECIALLY young people who go by the name of 'Fools Gold' had travelled all the way from Lincoln to perform. The dedication to music and fashion was evident in what I and a packed room full of guests witnessed. I thought I’d seen all the heartfelt ballads there were to witness in the world, until Jeremy St. John got his teeth into his reggae-inspired performance, and literally caused me a headache with the applause he earned. So, basically, I’m a resident at each and every live event from now.

On a recession busting note, the drinks aren’t too bad a price either, and there’s a lovely balcony for smokes and, I was surprised to discover, a full BBQ! I’m telling you... you don’t have any better way to spend a Sunday evening.


Next date: Fri 14th Aug @ the Cobden club - (click to purchase your ticket)

Review: Kirsty Simmonds




No comments: