Sunday 8 March 2009

L.I.M.E. - February flavours!



I’m excited! And it’s not that dull, controlled, adult kind of excitement… it’s that ‘kid just got a new toy and I want to play with it all day’, kind of excitement! My fingers are tingling…it’s spreading to my arms, flickering across my back! Trust me… I’m excited!

This is my first blog for Fat Talent, and I feel energised. Thank you to Fat Talent for inviting me. So who am I, this weird and over-excitable person talking at you from beyond the screen?

My name is Yelitza aka Flutter. I’m a singer / songwriter from Brum and I am hoping you will become a regular reader of my music blog! Subscribe…subscribe…subscribe!

This blog is going to be all about the ladies. The reason? Well I already have a monthly show called L.I.M.E. (Ladies in music and entertainment) which is all about female artists, so makes sense to marry the two things together.

Not only will I let you know how each show goes; sharing pictures, video and stories but I will also do features on the artists to make sure you guys are up to date with that’s happening in Birmingham! Wouldn’t want you to be left behind now would I?

So L.I.M.E., what is it all about?

It’s a combination of things. A musical movement… a songstress’ society…. a group of gorgeous women doing their thang! In short, L.I.M.E. is a way of giving female artists the chance to shine! I noticed a need and much like FatTalent LIVE, here is my contribution to the solution.

The time

The last Thursday of each month we put on a night where we have food, drink and music! We get together to appreciate unsigned talent and have established artists come and grace the stage too! The artistic sounds cross all music genres: pop, hip-hop, funk and jazz, acoustic, dancehall… you name it, we got it.


The place
Held in the intimate settings of The O Bar Broad Street, the show has been running for just under 2 years. It began in the humble surroundings of Café One right at the top of Broad Street… a small buzz began. We then relocated and stepped up quite a few notches in the process. The show is very successful and there is still plenty we have planned for the rest of the year!


The setting
Imagine if you will, a low-lit room with strobe lights splashing deep reds and blues across the walls and mirrors! Hugging the walls are small booths with bucket chairs for you to sit back and relax. Dotted around are small padded stools and little drinks tables. To the far end of the room is a small bar dedicated solely to the guests of L.I.M.E. Behind it stands a laid back bar-tender and to his left a DJ playing the best in unsigned music.

The artists stand on floor level mike in hand, singing, rapping, mc-ing with style. The fabulous audience cheer, applaud, ‘ooh’ and ‘ahh’ in response. This is L.I.M.E. It has to been seen to be truly appreciated, but trust me, you have not been anywhere quite like it. The mood is infectious, the vibe is relaxed. It’s like you’re at a family reunion and only the family members you like have been invited!




L.I.M.E. - February flavours!

February’s instalment of L.I.M.E. was off the chain! It was packed! And it was fun!

There were the regular ladies of LIME and then there were some new acts! The night was topped off with a fabulous performance by Blaktwang and then a DJ set by Dan Kelly. People did not want to leave! Check out the photos... smiles all round! That’s what a great night out should be like!

March is set to be just as successful if not more so. The word is spreading and it seems everyone wants a dash of L.I.M.E. Stay tuned for your next slice!

Signing off Flutter

No comments: