Friday 22 May 2009

Wana-B / Plastic Chairs and Copper Piping.....

Too many days (ok I mean weeks) have passed since I last posted which in one way is a good sign cos it means i am busy elsewhere, however I am saddened by the fact I have let the Fat Blog fall by the wayside like a discarded crisp packet. However, here I am and with intent to pick up the posting again. So to get things moving again I wanted to up date you on a few things and make it a free for all, future posts will see more structure but for now.....crazeee days!!

A few things I have discovered over the past few days......

1) I could become a burglar if photography fails. I discovered this after breaking into my own house using a plastic chair, a bit of foam insulation used in floors and a copper pipe. Please note; a few more discoveries can be found on my Wana-b blog @ http://www.carliart.blogspot.com/ for those of you that want to learn more about poo and bleach. (Yea didn't think so!)

2) I love networking. It really works and this is what I will get back to concentrating on in future posts along with random ramblings about my days behind the lens. I know 'they' tend to go on about it but seriously it works. Not only does it offer you fab opportunities to learn new skills, gain work experience or even get new business, it also leaves you feeling positive about your own knowledge and most importantly; motivated. A good friend of mine has started a monthly get together of local photographers and its great. Ok so last meeting so more wine and chin wag about sperm donation than anything else but it was a good evening and I learnt some good things about prime lenses, shooting portraits and that its not just me who struggles with pricing. It is one massive mine field! To anyone else out there confused by this area of the photo world, stick in there.

3) Marketing is important in these times. This is not a time to stop marketing. Companies are going to be more fussy about who they book and are going to make sure everything they are looking at is not only affordable but more importantly value for money. Cheap does not necessarily do it. If you offer great customer service and quality images and your prices are fair, that is enough. Do not stop marketing though, in fact work harder at it and show the competition what you have got that they haven't!

4) I have lost interest in Twitter....already I hear you cry?! What social site is next on the scene?!

5) Tiredness in most cases can be resolved with coffee, tea, chocolate and sweets. If on your own sat in front of a laptop a fair amount of procrastination helps as does word wars over skype or some form of chat. If with someone else, it has been suggested that farting competitions, smoking and picking up paper with your tongue can also be extremely stimulating!

6) There are about 300 shades of cream to buy. I just want one, one nice cream to decorate my new boudoir. I am confused by promises of whispering heritage, candle cream and touches of milk.

7) Our first successful music and photo deal was successfully completed last Friday. This is an EXCLUSIVE deal to Fat Talent Artists whereby you get an hour in a recording studio and an hours professional photography in one easy package. Plus we help with image building, brand identity and promotion. The pictures are complete and the lovely Queeny D was the special guest.....interview and 'how was it really' blurb to come! For now enjoy some of the images at the Fat Talent Face-book Group or the Carli-Art Fan Page.

Signing off - "Snooze central" xx

No comments: