Sunday 10 May 2009

Fat Chat: Fashion designer Zoe Thompson


Introducing the eclectic range of fashion garments and accessories by Zedhead Designs

This hip, young, womenswear label is the perfect fusion between quirky edgy style combined with sex appeal for fashion conscious confident women.

From funky graphic screen printed tee’s, customised individual made to order garments, and statement clutch purses.

This collection is forever expanding incorporating current and future trends but always with a Zedhead twist.

Keep a check for new products throughout the year .....and tell your friends!!


Name: Zoe Thompson

Age: ?

Occupation: Designer

Links: http://www.zedheaddesigns.com


Where do you get your inspiration? I get my inspiration from nature, animal prints/skins, exotic feathers, motifs, urban surroundings, graffiti, to street culture. These are then incorporated into unique and innovative print designs for fashion garments and accessories.


How would you describe your customer in 3 words?

Quirky, Hip and edgy



Do you have any advice to graduate designers ?

Stay creative. Don’t sell yourself short. I would advise that if they are not one of the lucky ones to go straight into a design field job, that they go solo. Get a collection together, attend exhibitions, get on every networking site out there, get involved in local fashion events, get a regular market stall to make some much needed cash and recognition. A good website is always a must.



Whos your favourite designer?

Basso and Brooke are my favourite designers, purely because their print designs are all digital , like myself. They have great bold colourful unique designs which really push the boundaries and stand out from the usual designers.



Wheres your favourite London hotspot?

Well, being based in Bristol, I only get to the capital now and then. My fav spots for inspiration and shopping would be Brick Lane, Portobello and Camden. There’s still so many places I still want to visit and will get around to at some stage!



What are you wearing at this moment?

Being a short ass I am really into chunky platform wedges at the moment and team them off with comfy Harem pants which I prefer to call “MC Hammer “ trousers! I also wear a lot of my own Zedhead tees and customised embellished tops. I’m also really into snakeskin, and fringing and making my own bits of jewellery at the moment. I’m really looking forward to the summer for a whole new Apache style wardrobe! I recently bought a pair of deep purple tasselled gladiator sandals which I won’t dare wear until the sun starts shining!


Interview: Lizzie Moir


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: