Monday 4 May 2009

Make Me Music PART 1......

So I thought I’d go out on a limb seeing how everyone is banging on about how its 2000 and mine! (tut!), and I’ve started my own business, and guess what?... it’s proper original and all that [its ok to laugh].

Its called Make Me Music (go figure) and I’ve already got most of the checklist sorted out.


1. Find a catchy yet relevant name (which took all of one 2 min toilet trip), check

2 .Draw up a business plan and get momsy (3 degrees and 3 masters to boot) to proof read it, check

3. Register the business as a limited company, check

4. Get someone whose good with websites and graphic design to do the stuff I haven’t got a clue about such as html (what is that anyway??), check

5 .Apply for funding (because who even has enough money in the bank, and the last time I worked a nine to five I spent all my money paying back the credit cards, awww), check

6 .Get funding, premises, studio equipment (the fun part) and business account, check

7 . Start looking for people to use my services, ummm, almost check

The whole process that I’ve kind of summed up in seven sections took the best part of two years in total, because you cant leave anything to chance now can you. I guess the best piece of advice I can give to anyone looking to start their own business whether it’s in the creative industries or other sectors is, do your research and then some. Seriously, there were a few moments I came across a bit waste, but I put that right sharpish. So, that’s where I’m at, at the minute. If your unsure exactly what services are actually going to be on offer and what we’re doing, there’ll be a lot more info up on the website we are having built as we speak. Fingers crossed and all that!

Bless

DJ CHEF (Founder of Make Me Music)

No comments: