Thursday 27 August 2009

Quick update...

Hey guys,

Finally, I get a moment to sit down.

I have been meaning to write my blog from this morning. I am determined to get back on track and meet deadlines, although it is becoming scarily clear that I will soon need a personal assistant to help with my organisation. Yes, I know I have said that I am too much of a control freak, but I am juggling so many things at a time, it's becoming ridiculous.

Take yesterday...

Wednesday 27th August 2009

Got up, called butcher to order the meat for today's show. Then had to quickly get some housework done before I left out. (Hate coming home to a messy flat).

After washing dishes and hoovering the floor (Hmmm, glamorous), I was off to collect the meat and drop it off to Jackie, wonderful chef and excellent door woman!

Then came a more fun part of the day. See I am in search of a new car, so went past a few garages to try and fin
d one. I had decided on a sensibly priced, easily maintainable car. That was until I saw the car of my dreams, parked on the forecourt of dealership number three. A Peugeot 206 cc, coupe, sky blue with leather interior! Miss Sensible left the building and I rushed home to work out if I could afford her!

I spoke with my mum and she burst my bubble pretty quickly though! Think I may have to go back to sensibly priced and easily maintainable, but we will see. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

I spe
nt the afternoon re-jigging the run-order for L.I.M.E. and revamping the leaflet.

As I sat, comfortably, pleased with my achievements for the day. I received a call from a DJ at the Newstyle Radio station. 'What time are you planning on getting to the station?' I was asked.

Gutted!

I had been given a slot to promote the show and giveaway free tickets and there was I sat, at home printing leaflets! There was no time to get there before the end of the show so I had to be satisfied with the DJ giving out a pair of tickets right at the end of the show! I am so annoyed with myself! But in my defence, I have said before that I have a memory like a seive. Confirmed!

In the evening, I had rehearsal with my guitarist - I have a band, yeah!!

Before
that I passed by the venue for my monthly show to check everything was okay. I arrived with a smile, and left with a bigger bill for venue hire - fabulous! lol

We practiced a few tracks. It was weird but exciting to have to help someone learn how to play my music. To talk about intro's and outro's. Musical solos and the like. It was pretty late by the time I got home, but then I had to make sure my babes was fed (he was sat at the laptop working on music for my show).

I made us dinner. It took a little longer than it should have because I forgot to turn the cooker on!

By the end of the night, I was shattered and that was a light day in comparison to some I have had.

Today...

Thursday 28th Augustt 2009


This
morning I woke and went straight to my laptop and printer. I printed some CDs for the show later and just about managed to get a few other bits done before I had to run out for rehearsal with guitarist and bass player.

We went through the 5 tracks that we need to know for tomorrow's gig and it was fun! They even convinced me to do some spoken word on the last track (because I cannot rap to save my life - always end up putting on a really deep mannish voice, why? Couldn't tell ya).

From there I went to get fresh fish for the show later! Yep, more food, I do like to feed my audience!

I finally got home about an hour ago and I am now sat here typing my blog!

Have to say, I love the running around. Always having to be here and there, but this is the reason I would like a new car. I spend a lot of time travelling and would like to enjoy the travel as much as getting to the destination.

Anyway, I really can't stop, have to do more printing and start getting ready.

Sho
wtime: 8.30pm but I have to make sure everything is set up beforehand and then it's apron on to serve the food.

Have a great evening, I know I will.

Tootles:







Flutte
r

No comments: