Monday 19 January 2009

a lost creation....

no quotes, just words... in his dark freedom
Sometimes, there is a shadow, a shadow that once, I know would scare you.
It would follow him, taunt him, and quite often made him too afraid of what could be....I watched it. I didn't want to help him for he had to learn-painfully I understand, but he had to learn.
He always knew extreme fear, but never did he learn how it strangled him or choked him. Alone, he would reach out for what felt like the last breath, clench for freedom but was constantly reminded of a void that could never be filled, there he would be pulled back down into the earths crust. Perhaps he was the void in this world...And I continued to glare into his lifeless spirit.
And one day, contemplating his exsistance in reality, he pondered in his own dreams. He screamed out to his shadow, perhaps this was the very thing he'd feared the most. It was the fear of letting go, watching time move as his life stood still, feeling no emotion only emotion of others around him. He knew that the depth of the sea would drown him but he didn't care. He felt the harsh and abrasive fire that wouldn't rest slowly melt him away, the sky could collapse in and brake him, but nothing mattered, it only shattered. I couldn't help but laugh, a dark and twisted cackle overwhelmed me, and I contined to stare at his weakness. My time of suffering was over and now it was his turn. You burnt the deepest hole in my heart and unleashed the deepest of sins in your own world. Now it is yours. Over time, this shadow taught this lost fellow that fear is a control, that you have power and wisdom to see and feel and hear and heal, it is a dark reality, a lesson to learn in uncertain circumstances, something to force you into a state of unawareness, and only you alone can be a guide. A wishful thing was knowing that this lonely stranger had an inner belief, an embracing memory, a side unknown to even himself that suddenly became apparent. It's not how his fear suffocated and swallowed him, it is how he let it become his friend, not his foe. It's not about being scared and getting on with it, it's about being petrified and coping, it's not about laughing it off, it's about crying through it, it's about every tear being as real as the next, not every tear deleted and forgotten, not simply moving on but finding who one really is, and not what one was before, it's about timing, not reality, it is genuine emotion that strips your soul of any pleasent memory. It's about knowing, feeling and seeing that it's the end, not just goodbye......it is his acceptance of a best friend once found, now gone for his own regret, may he now understand what it is to love and lose the only one who you had any faith in. Forever may you, my friend have your well deserved Freedom.

Words: Freedom

2 comments:

Free Speech said...

Interesting but douuble spacing between paragraphs would make it easier on the eye. I also find the opening stament confusing,it is prosumptious to think that your story will scare me.

Thanks for the story I hope to read more from you soon.

DAISY said...

Hey, no no I am grateful for your words. The opening statement is designed to confuse, which is ok. It is ment to make you feel upset for the guy who is lost and in his dark freedom. The second character doesn't care as he killed someone special to her. It is twisted, as grief is.
I do hope you enjoyed it, please do interpret it how you wish. As with all my writing, I ask that everyone who reads it has their own ideas behind it.