Friday 19 December 2008

AS PROMISED>>>>XMAS FAT CHAT....KAYTI PESCHKE

So....as promised here it is, the Crimbo special Fat Chat.  We are talking to Kayti Peschke a fashion photographer who loves to go bright & bold and is also partial to a bit of TV....she will be appearing in Colleens Real Women on ITV2 in the New Year.  Keep those Pinkies peeled!

Name: Kayti Peschke
Age: 27
Occupation: Photographer
Links: http://www.kaytirocks.com

Welcome Kayti!  So where are you right now? (Other than emailing me, clearly!)
I am in capetown shooting for 12 days.  I work here quite a lot and its a great place to shoot & hang out.
How did you get started in fashion photography?
My dad is an amazing fashion photographer so i have always been around the industry growing up.  I started assisting from a young age which got me thrown in at the deep end.  I just loved the industry so it al just happened very naturally.
Your style is very electric and combines photography, some awesome styling and punchy graphics - do you work alone?
I am lucky enough to work with some amazing stylists and digital artists who can share my vision from the ideas stage right through to the finished shots; who embrace my ideas but also make it their own.  This often throws things into the mix that are totally unexpected which I love!  I adore collaborating with people who don't hold back and really go for it.  Namalee Bolle from Super super magazine is amazing to work with and i love the editorials we have done together.
Who do you seek inspiration from?
David LaChappelle, amazing locations, excited conversations with my favorite style Karen Russell - we have endless lists of test to do!  My boyfriend is very inspirational too, he is a bmx-er and he always seems to find really cool locations for me when he is out and about and his stories from road trips in the US are making us plan a few months out there next year.  I can shoot and he can ride.  Of course, my dad is always inspiring me with his amazing shoots, I am always jealous!  
Is your personal sense o style as eye catching as your images?
I think the colourful and fun aspet shows in my own personal style, i love cute short dresses with lots of ghetto gold, hot pink lips and always something in my hair - big flowers, birds, netting!!  I like to shop at Vintage markets, the hight street and car boots.  Oh and horseshoes, I am mad about anything with horseshoes on it!
Camera Equipment?
My digital Canon but i have a whole host of vintage camera's - I will shoot film whenever possible and can always be found at car boot sales hunting for cameras to play with!
Lace: Fashion or Fouxpass?
I am in love with a paid of fingerless lace gloves at the moment so fashion!
What is on the Top shelf of your fridge?
Loads of old, out of date polaroid film and condiments - i love sauces with everything!!
Loo Roll - Recycled, quilted or just plain old Andrex?
Ur, Tesco's own, with Aloe Vera!

Big hands up and a lacey wave of thanks to Kayti!  Check out her website and look out for that appearance with Colleen.

Merry Xmas one and all, hope the interview has left your thirsty for more in the New Year!







No comments: