Wednesday 9 September 2009

I'm sooo tired!

I have the most hectic weekend spiralling my way!

Performances
Thursday 10th September: 9.00pm - late. Snakebyte @ The New Dog Pool, 1063 Pershore Road
Friday 11th September: 8.40pm. L.I.M.E. (Ladies in music and entertainment) Victoria Square Stage
Saturday 12th September: 8.00 - 8.30pm. Live performance @ The CBSO Centre, Berkley Street
Sunday 13th September: 5.00pm. Rhythm Thunder, Victoria Square Stage

I shall be appearing at each event. Nothing major there, I hear you say. True, but the stress has still kicked in because I have to be in so many places at the same time. Work, helping family, rehearsals and performances.

It's all exciting aswell. Exciting because I am getting first hand training in the life of a 'real' artist. The hectic schedules, the rushing from one gig to another, and now, with the new aquisition of my band, I am experiencing the stress of trying to arrange others in my madness.

Yes, I have a band! I am so, so excited about this. Guitar, bass, drums, percussion and keys. And they are a truly wonderful collection of musicians. I am truly blessed to have met them. And I owe that all to the bass player who has become my band manager by default. Thank you hun.

But the stress levels are rising, rising because of the fact that I have our first show set to be at Artsfest this Saturday. Problem is, there is not an adequate set-up to allow this to happen. May have to cancel my first live set with them. Gutted!

To top this off and to add to the 'training in the life of a real artist'. I had a meeting with two guys who are going to produce my first music video. Oh my gosh! A music video! Sounds real flash, but trust me, I am real nervous about this! Will keep you posted about that.

I am going to have to run because I am falling asleep at the laptop and I have to be up early tomorrow to get to school, then rush home; get changed; go to rehearsals then go and present at The New Dog. It's mad fun, but mad tiring.

Like I said before, I am determined to stick to my deadlines, but forgive me if this blog does not completely make sense. I am on my last legs and need to head to the sheets.

Will be in touch soon.

Have a great weekend.

Tootles,

Flutter

No comments: