Thursday 15 October 2009

Fat Chat: Bashiyra 'The Voice'


What has been the crucial key to your artistic development

at this point?


The most crucial key to my artistic development at this

point has been the overwhelming support from friends and

fans alike to keep going forward with my career. Their

acknowledgement of my gift has been second to none. When a

stranger stops me after a show and tells me "Your voice

gives me goose bumps", I am totally inspired to continue

the creative journey and raise the bar in my artistic

development through awareness, practice of my art and

inner self knowing....




You have provided backing vocals for renown artists such

as Diana Ross & Queen; and have been to the US, Africa and

Europe recording and promoting single releases. What has

been the high point so far?


The high point so far has definitely been recording and

promoting of my own single releases on an international

scale. My album "Thought You Knew will be launched on

Oct 22nd 2009 and I am elated to be able to showcase my

material and my works with some first class musicianship

and creativity.


Of course working with renown artists is a blessing and

I remain humbled by my experiences...I'm so appreciative

of the joy my work gives me....




Has there ever been a point in time where you have had 2nd

Thoughts about your chosen career?


I've always known from a young child that my career in life

Would encompass my gift to sing, write and perform. At times

you can become disillusioned with some individuals within the

music industry, for example individuals who say a lot and

follow through with nothing. This is common place in any

profession,right? However my conviction, self-belief and

application throughout the processes of my career in spite

of such individuals is the reason why I'm able to live my

dream....


You are committed to supporting local community projects

designed to enrich the minds of young people. Why is this

particular cause so important to you?


The cause of supporting the minds of young people through

local community projects designed to enrich their minds is

of vast importance to me.


Our children and young people are our future, if we as adults

negate our responsibility to invest in them, then what hope do

they have and what legacy can we say is possible?


Through the creative arts projects that I have been involved

with I have seen those afore said participants engage, develop,

enhance and thrive in their collective and individual

contributions.


It is essential that this energy continues to ensure
sustainability and transference of life skills, for all

generations to come...




I love the track entitled 'Don't get in my face'

...is this based on personal experiences?


Heee heee LOL... "Don't get in my Face" is definitely part

experience! I won't say which part, but those in the know,

know.... Still LOL! What I will say is relationships should

compliment the parties involved.


One should not have to compromise on aspects of their

character that were present and loved in the first instance

when the individuals first came together to appease the

other's ego, insecurities or hang-ups...


When that happens the essence and vibe is lost....




Being at the top of your game in this industry can

seriously restrict your social life. Have you achieved

an equal balance or do you struggle?


A social life is very important as is being you're best

Within whatever "Your Flow is."...


Personally Music, Singing, Writing and Performing are so

innate within me, that any struggle within "the game"

will ultimately be defeated..


My friends love what I do and support my purpose. Their

commitment to me is to see me be my best, so we'll

always find time, whether it's a phone call, a nght out

or correspondence via the internet to always be there for

each other in heart, spirit and soul...



Where do you see yourself this time next year? What are

your short term goals?


This time next year sees me instrumental in the creation

and production of some hot new material. I see international

travel and tours linked with my performances as a Singer and

Songwriter...


Also my work as a Vocal Coach will breathe forward new

meaning and dimension. As well as some refreshing and

exciting creative collaborations that will ensure "The

legacy of Bashiyra is here to stay...."



And last but not least? tell us something embarrassing

which has recently happened to you?


Well this was a while ago, and yes IT is still embarrassing!

I came out of a changing room, wearing a skirt and didn't

pull the back down properly. I was walking away when a lady

called me and said "Look behind you", I looked and was like

"Oh my geee weee weee ghosh, Noooooooo"... The lady was

cool and we both were in hysterics......


When I told my folks about it they were like Oh noo no no

you didn't..... Heeee heeeee


A good look? Well I'll leave you to decide... LOL :)




A big thankyou to Bashiyra for taking time out of her busy

schedule to chat to us and don't forget to get down to the

all important album launch on Oct 22nd @ Proud Camden - Full

details as follows:




SUPPORT UK HOMEGROWN TALENT

'Thought You Knew '- BASHIYRA


The Album Launch Oct 22nd

VENUE:

The South Gallery, Proud

Camden, The Stables, Chalk Farm Road NW1 8AH

TIME:

Doors Open 6.00pm

Bashiyra's Showcase 7pm Prompt Ends 8pm

Guest Performers Till Late

£5 Entry Fee



www.bashiyra.com


T: 020 7482 3867

E: info@purplereignpr.co.uk

www.proudcamden.com


Link for advance £5 tickets



Interview by Rhian Chodak

http://www.fattalent.blogspot.com


No comments: